Křešice (German Kreschitz) is a municipality in the Czech Republic. She is located seven kilometers south-east of Litoměřice on the Elbe River and is part of the litoměřice district.
Křešice located rechtselbisch in the southern foothills of the Bohemian Central Highlands at the confluence of the Elbe Blatenský Potok. Near the village are two smaller cone mountains which are the Kremin (244 m) in the northwest and the Holý vrch (302 m) in the northeast. Through the village leads the State Road 261 between Litoměřice and Štětí.
Neighboring towns are Třeboutice in the northwest, the north Zahořany, Viničné Domky, Encovany and Dolní Encovany the east, Polepy, colony and Nučnice in the southeast, and linkselbisch Nučničky in the south, southwest and Počaply Travčice in the west.
Křešice was first mentioned in 1057, when Duke Spytihněv II. The place to the establishment of the collegiate St. Stefan in Litoměřice this left. The townscape is dominated by two parts, the original Slavic Rundling and the adjoining street village from the period of German colonization.
Around 1350 vrch vineyards were created on the southern slopes of Kremin and Holý, is reminiscent of the still the name of the settlement Viničné Domky. After the destruction of the village during the Hussite wars it was rebuilt. In 1613 church and rectory were destroyed by fire in 1656 and this happened again. In various troop trains Through the site had previously been looted and burned during the Thirty Years War. With the support of the Bishop Maximilian Rudolf von Schleinitz village and church were restored and in 1666 donated the bishop the church an altarpiece by the painter Karel Škréta, representing the patron. During this time performed a German colonization of the previously purely Czech village. Bishop Jaroslaw Ignaz von Sternberg in 1708 to build a chapel dedicated to the Virgin Mary to a source in the eastern part of the village, the bishop Johann Adam Vratislav of Mitrowitz left in 1725 to expand the Sanctuary.
The construction of the fortress Theresienstadt in 1780 the hill was expanded to Krzemin rechtselbischen vanguard of the fortress, at the same entrenchments were built. Until the beginning of the 20th century, the inhabitants lived on agriculture, the main crops were sugar beets, hops and wine. In 1900 the village had about 400 inhabitants, of whom were German. 1906 was an operation of the Vöslauer worsted factory with 500 jobs and a worker colony. By 1930, the number of inhabitants grew up to nearly a thousand.
After the end of communist rule, the old tradition of pilgrimages in 1990 resumed. Large parts of the village are located in the flood plain of the Elbe and were affected by the great flood of 1784, 1845 and 2002. The largest employer is the Schoeller'sche Kammgarnspinnerei today.
The municipality consists of the districts Křešice Křešice (Kreschitz) Nučnice (United Nutschitz) Sedlec (Selz) Třeboutice (Trebautitz) and Zahořany (Zahorzan) which simultaneously form also Katastralbezirke
- Church of the Holy. Trinity in Zahořany, built 1653–1656
- Pilgrimage Church of the Visitation at the sacred well in Křešice, built in 1725
- Church of St. Matthew in Křešice, built around 1660
- Castle Zahořany
From 1830 until his death worked Vincenc Zahradník as pastor in Křešice. 1926 a plaque was dedicated to him at the school.